Thursday, January 11, 2007

On Track...

The running has been going well. I've managed to start getting my miles up, last week's big run was 6 miles. Today is an off day, although I might talk myself into a night run. I've jumped in with the Grand Rapids Running Club's Mentor program. I'm running each Saturday, although I'm not following their program. I'm kind of blending the 5/3 program with the mentor program. I'm currently saving my bigger runs for the weekend. This Sat/Sun should be 4 and 7 miles. Sunday is my big day.

Now if I could just get some weight to come off. I hope that I'm gaining muscle, which should be adding weight and retaining some water. I've actually gained about 5 pounds since beginning a couple of weeks ago. I've tightened up the nutrition, so we'll see what happens. I should be improving my cardio either way.

I'm heading to the 'boat next Thursday, so we'll see if the running helps with the breathing.

- Scott

No comments: