Thursday, September 07, 2006

GTD adoption

One of the things I'm currently struggling with is organization. I consider myself a very productive person, but I'm also striving for constant improvement.

I stumbled across GTD after initially finding the Tiny MCE Wiki tool. The drive for better personal wiki tools lead me to 43 Folders which then lead to GTD. I bought the book, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Most of GTD is really common sense, but it puts some common thinking into print, and debunks many classic views on project management.

Back to organization...
I'm grinding thru my implementation of GTD, and this has done wonders for my email inbox. I push for zero...but usually end up with a few dozen left. This is down from many thousands that used to sit in my inbox.

The problem I'm now having is grinding thru the paper. This is an issue both at home and work. Home and work often have blurry lines, which is likely why I struggle with this.

I'm curious what others do to get thru the initial GTD adoption in terms of paper?

No comments: