Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cool / Free software



From the "more cool software for free" category. Here are a handful of tools that I use on a regular basis that are free...or close to it.

blogspot - this is what the Minards are using for the racetograce blog
Jeff's blog
My blog


Aqua Data Studio - very nice cross-platform query analyzer - use for iSeries/SQL Server/whatever

Taco HTML Editor - html editor for Mac OSX

Delicious - bookmarking site...very nice

Firefox - web browser (need I say more?)
Thunderbird - mail client
Lightning - calendaring for Thunderbird

OpenOffice - great MS Office replacement
NeoOffice - OpenOffice, packaged for Mac OSX


VMWare Server - virtualization software - can create virtual images - amazing!!!
VMWare Player - plays virtual images with the server


I haven't tried these yet...but I'm thinking about.
Wink - demo software - like Captivate...but free
WordPress - blogging

No comments: