Friday, September 08, 2006

Flickr/iStockPhoto

This has been a big week for trying out services. I signed up for Blogger, Flickr and iStockPhoto all in the same week.

Most people are familiar with Blogger and Flickr, but iStockPhoto is a little more under the radar. iStockPhoto is a "royalty free image distribution" service. You can browse and buy photos that have been contributed by artists around the World. I did some searches on Steamboat and found 16 images that I've put in my "Lightbox" for review and to potentially buy. You can buy a large scale image for just $5 and print and frame the image on your own.

The side of this that caught my attention though is the contribution portion. You can apply to become an iStockPhoto contributor. When people buy your images you receive cash which can then be taken as cash, or converted into credits to purchase other images.

I'm by no means a stellar photographer, but this might push me enough to step my game up. I have some decent equipment to start with...so maybe I just need to start experimenting some more.

No comments: