Friday, November 07, 2008

Retraction...drop the "Social Entrepreneurship" title

OK...time for a correction. I jumped right on the term, "Social Entrepreneurship" before getting a complete picture. The "Social Entrepreneurship" moniker has a bit to much up-front focus on the "social change" aspect. It's also a very diluted term, here are a few of the many definitions listed here. I see the social changes as being a result of people acting as individuals. I'd like to keep the focus on embracing the entrepreneurial spirit.

I'm not sure what the correct description should be, but here is an attempt at a one sentence description of what I'm talking about.

"Recognizing the natural human instinct to excel, then fostering this entrepreneurial spirit by bringing together the forces needed to drive success."

...in other words (and I recognize this is a harsh interpretation), I'm talking about bringing together the "haves" and the "have nots" and making them business partners and equals.

No comments: