Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swimming - kinda sux

I've been doing pretty well with my running lately. I managed to get a long run (9+) in on Saturday and I felt pretty good on Sunday. Monday I did about 6 miles around the lake. The lake runs are hilly, so I give myself some bonus points for that one. Today I decided to force a rest. I'm sticking to my goal of slow...and without injuries. So, I decided to go to the club and do some laps. I haven't truly swam laps in years, like 20+. I had heard others complain about their lungs when going back to swimming, but I had no idea. Perhaps the sarcoidosis/fibrosis in my lungs has really taken away my capacity, either way, it sucked. I realize the value of the lung work out and I'm going to try and get more laps in each week. I'll try to use a heart rate monitor next time to see how much of a workout I'm really getting. I've kinda glanced in the direction of a triathalon...I'll need to improve my lungs before I get there.

- Scott

No comments: