Sunday, April 01, 2007

Kent City Ridge Run

Last weekend I ran the Kent City Ridge Run 15K. It was a good race, a bit cool, very foggy. Wow...those are some tough hills out there. I ended up running an 8:40 pace, which I felt decent about, especially considering those hills. This is the first time I've raced this sort of distance and it gives me a little more confidence for the RiverBank. I hadn't ran at all the week before because of my knee pain. I could feel the difference in my lungs in particular.

I'm also noticing my lack of motivation when I don't have a race in the immediate future. The combination of muscle strain and not having a race in the next 2 weeks has lead me to skip way too many runs. I'll look to get things back on track during the weeks before and after Easter.

No comments: