Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I DID IT!!!

This past Saturday I ran the 5/3 River Bank Run.

I was keeping a nice pace between 7:50 and 8:00 when at mile 6.5 I felt like my left calf exploded. The "popping" was enough pretty nasty...and suddenly I went from trying to keep in the low 2 hrs...to just trying to finish. I ended up doing a run/walk for the next 9 miles and completed in 2:40:08. Pretty slow...but I did it with a calf muscle tear.

I'm now nursing my leg back to health and will hopefully get back into some racing this summer. I'd like to run a marathon this fall. It sounds like Chicago is closed...so I'm much more likely to do either the GR Marathon or the Boyne2Boyne.

I'm doing the "science experiment thing" with supplements right now. I'm doing a couple of protein shakes a day and I'm doing a handful of other things such as fish oil, glutamine, and starting to toy with creatine. I'm taking the opportunity of a bum leg to get some upper body weight training in. We'll see if creatine really works.

- Zuke

No comments: